Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Week After a "Stay"-cation

This past week was a vacation week for the hubs and I so there was some serious slacking happening over here. We didn't go anywhere very special and got to spend some good quality family time together. Quite a few parties happened where a lot of food and adult beverages were consumed. God Bless the U.S.A. However, yesterday the weather finally turned nice enough to not melt your face off just by walking out the door so we took a family walk along a path near our house. We went about 2 miles total and I was pushing the stroller with child #3 in it so I felt better about myself when we got back to the car. I also did not indulge in my ritualistic glass of wine while watching my Sunday night shows with the hubs (including but not limited to True Blood and Weeds). I replaced it with a glass of green tea with half a teaspoon of honey we got from a local distributor. Have to say it was quite delicious and I will substitute with that more often.

In a comparison study of "detoxing drinks", I have decided to try something a little different then Liss and then compare results if and when we see them. Mine is steeping in the fridge right now so I'll start drinking tomorrow. It's basically a mint cucumber lemonade ( http://sitnoseckano.blogspot.com/2011/07/sassy-water.html ) I did NOT add the ginger though so I'm just not sure how much of a difference that will make. I can always go back to the store and grab some if I need to. It's suppose to help reduce bloat and boost weight loss. We'll see. If anything I may just have a new favorite way to drink water because it sure smells delish! I am also now the proud owner of a mint plant. It was cheaper to buy the plant itself then a small package of leaves. Win for me! Now I just have to hit my sister up for some cucumbers from her veggie garden and all I'll need to buy is the lemons (assuming I can keep the mint plant alive). 

We will take another family walk after dinner tonight which will be my workout for the day. It's just about 1 mile around our little neighborhood and we'll go around twice to make it worth while. I may even bring the four-legged beasts (which is a workout in itself) so they can enjoy the nice cool refreshing 85 degree weather as well. :)








Walk Strong Friends!
~Jules~

No comments:

Post a Comment