Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 10.... groan


Not such a great day for my exercise routine. Hit the gym after work with Hubs. We tried to do the Body Rock workout but it was frustrating. The moves were super awkward and it made us both self conscious. Couple that with a lack luster amount of sweat after the first round (usually we're panting and dripping buckets) and we were not feeling it. So we decided to run it out a little. Half a mile in, my shoe was untied and my legs were really tight. I stopped and tied the shoe and gave my legs a little stretch. Got back to it and they were hurting even more!! I pushed through the rest of the mile but it was misery. My time was the slowest yet (only by 11 secs but still) and nothing felt good. I wasn't sore from TKD but I was definitely tired in the muscles. I probably should have taken a day off but you know hindsight... 20/20. By the time I got home I was in pain. I think my pelvis twisted and was pinching my nerve in the left leg. This is not an uncommon thing for me so I'm not overly concerned. But dang does it hurt!!

I felt this incredible sense of guilt at having a sucky workout. Strange considering I never cared about the gym leading into this and now I feel bad I only did a mile!! I keep telling myself that something is better than nothing...

TKD tonight again. Hopefully this is a better experience!!

In positive news, I've just about kicked my Diet Coke/caffeine habit. That's a major accomplishment for me. I loved Diet Coke more than anything. Now its all water baby! (And my JM tea!!) My sleep has been strange. Usually no caffeine leaves me passed out by 7pm. Now I can barely nod off and I'm up every couple hours. I'm not tired in the morning so I'm not going to be too concerned. My body is adjusting to this major change so I need to be patient with it. :)

Press on!
Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment