Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 5/6





Thursday night turned into a busy one as Hubs was running late so I was on my own for exercise. I popped in one of my MANY Jillian Michaels DVDs and got to it. I love love love kickboxing so her Kickboxing Fast Fix was my natural choice. I did workout 2, which emphasized the legs. In only 20 short minutes, the workout was over before I knew it and I was sweating like crazy. Yay JM! Running was out because it was still 100 degrees outside, no exaggeration.


Hubs and I made an awesome, healthy dinner. Salmon patties with a FF dill sauce, grilled asparagus, and couscous with pieces of turkey bacon. I have a pic I'll have to post later. It was so yummy! And only 400 calories.


We then went grocery shopping and loaded up on healthy foods. I mean LOADED. We hit Aldi, his favorite store EVER and then Tony's to pick up some of the more exotic things we needed. Our fridge and freezer are stuffed. And its all so healthy and delicious so I'm excited about that. I've decided to not do a specific "diet" but instead learn to eat clean in everyday life so its something that I keep up in the long haul.


With that segue, I picked up the ingredients for the JM dandelion tea cleanse today. I made a double batch of it. Its actually pretty good! Tastes like watered down lemonade to me. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, its a cleanse where you still get to eat but its supposed to reduce your bloat. You mix 60 oz of water with a dandelion root tea bag, 1 TBS of sugar free cranberry juice, and 2 TBS of lemon juice.  Today is day 1 of that so we'll see how it goes. I think its funny how people online are saying how its too much liquid. You're supposed to have 64 oz minimum of water a day. Just replace with this! I've already drank half of it plus another 60+ oz of water today. And its only 3pm!


I already hit the gym today since my work closed for excessive heat. Seriously. I was ecstatic!! I did my Body Rock workout (www.bodyrock.tv) and also did some running. I put in 1.5 miles today (yay!) sort of on accident. I did my usual 1 (in 11:14, shaving off 5 whole seconds...) and then walked another lap to cool down. Hubs said he still needed 5-10 more mins so instead of sitting around waiting for him (my usual routine), I did 3 more laps to complete the .5 miles. I didn't time it since it was impromptu but I was happy I did it! And I remembered to write down my Body Rock scores. Look at me today, doing everything right! ha!


Body Rock (50 secs work, 10 secs rest, 2 rounds)
-Lateral side jumps (44/45)
-3 walking pushups into 5 mountain climbers (4/3)
-5 hops to left elbow (from plank) followed by 5 squats with left knee raises (2/2.5)
-5 hops to right elbow (from plank) followed by 5 squats with right knee raises (2/2)
-Plank jacks (23/35)
-Bent over rows with 10 lb weights in each hand (32/35)


I got some new protein shake flavors today. I'll be sharing recipes with you all when I start playing around with them!


Be sweatastic!
Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment